With so much information around us, it is very easy to get lost when it comes to finding recipes that actually work and do not take a zillion ingredients to make. Personally, I make a conscious effort to minimize poisonous products from my nutrition and that takes a lot of reading and research. Since my journey began some years ago, I came across this wonderful product called Kefir.
Kefir is a fermented milk (goat, sheep or cow’s milk) drink made with kefir “grains”, a yeast/bacterial fermentation starter. Kefir is one of the most ancient and powerful probiotics known. By consuming kefir regularly, you are nourishing your body with essential vitamins and minerals including Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Vitamins B2, B12, D and K12, Biotin and Folate.
What are the benefits of drinking Kefir?
But the most important benefit is that kefir culture is live, meaning that it has beneficial strains of bacteria that react with your system in a positive way.
ACCELERATES YOUR METABOLISM AND HELPS YOU LOSE WEIGHT
When combined with a healthy lifestyle, some of the known benefits of regular consumption include:
• Accelerated metabolism and immunity booster
• Support weight loss and clear skin
• Increased energy and mood enhancer
• Help heal a leaky gut
• Fortifies your system with live cultures that aid digestions issues like IBS and IBD
• Cleanses your system by eliminating yeasts like Candida
• Lowers sugar cravings
Coconut water Kefir
Healthy beverage you can make at home
Kefir is usually fermented using cow, sheep or goat’s milk, making it taste like a strong and sour liquid yoghurt. A better and healthier alternative is to make coconut water kefir instead of milk.To spice things up, I add other ingredients like cinnamon, ginger or thyme honey. This drink tastes so much better than the original recipe and is packed with all the wonderful benefits of kefir!Lose weight and clear your skin naturally by drinking this easy to made coconut water kefir.
- ¼ cup of ready water kefir grains
- 4 Cups of coconut water
- One Tablespoon of thyme honey
- 1 Organic Ceylon Cinnamon stick
Instructions for making coconut water kefir:
1. Mix the grains with the coconut water and stir them for one minute.
2. Add the cinnamon stick,
3. Cover it loosely with a plastic lid, cloth cover or Fermentation Cap
4. Let it sit for 36 hours in a warm place. Make sure that your container has space to accommodate the expansion during the fermentation process.
5. After the 36 hours have passed, remove the kefir grains, add the thyme honey and let it sit for another 6 hours for a second fermentation or drink straight.
healthy and delicious
Your coconut water kefir is now ready and the best part is that is healthy and delicious. Enjoy and let us know your thoughts in the comments section.